type='text/javascript'/>

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Matsuev - reliability?

The Russian pianist Denis Matsuev is due to play at the Vilnius Filharmonija this weekend. I'm cheesed off, because Saturday night (my first Saturday home) is orchestra night, but this time we just get a pianist. At an outrageous ticket price. I'm not going - just going to curl up in front of the telly instead (although there is my friend Pavelas Giunteris' concert in honour of International Women's Day, but it starts earlier and I won't be able to make that. I'll live).

I wonder, though, if Mr Matsuev has a small reliability, or miscommunication problem? He would not be the first pianist who withdraws from concerts for one reason or another. A few years ago he withdrew from a concert in Vilnius, needing someone else to stand in (or rather sit in) for him. This weekend he was also supposed to give an additional concert for the Filharmonija Club (again at an outrageous ticket price), and it has been cancelled. Could be, of course, that club members do not care for twice paying high ticket prices for hearing the same guy two days in a row.

Yes, that'll be it....

0 comments: