type='text/javascript'/>

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A colloquity of bloggers

This week, of my favourite bloggers not only is Wu Wei in Tbilisi, staying in a hotel in a road about 100 metres below my flat, but also Carpetblogger, who is staying in another hotel about 400m along the road from me. Wu Wei reports on life (and very occasionally work) out East and in the UK; Carpetblogger reports on life (and never work) out East - currently she's based in Istanbul and I'm jealous!

It makes me wonder who else I'd invite for my favourite blogger's dinner party in Tbilisi - there'd be Grannyp, who I'd have to rustle from her spot on the sunnier side in life (Tenerife?), and then there's Jessica Duchen, though I'm not sure if I could provide the necessary music background for her (but musical contacts could be arranged by the dozen...). But only if she left her Korngold at home!! And finally, of course, operachic, if we could only prise her out of the opera world gossip scene. There ain't much here, though Montserat Caballe is singing here on Friday - an I'm Not Going! Not sure that we could offer many chic shopping opportunities in Tbilisi - maybe some psychedelic tights, an enamelled cross, or a felt skirt?

Weird. All these people are women. That ain't much fun for a dinner party! Then again, with these women....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest V.i.V., your musical contacts have served me wonderfully in the past, which I greatly appreciate. But I'm not giving up my Korngold birthday treat for anything or anyone!!!

Penelope Farmer said...

Thanks.... I'm flattered. If you're ever in London when I am who knows...

violainvilnius said...

Jessica, must be the longest birthday treat ever!

Grannyp, I would hate to see you shuffling up the vertical Tbilisi hills with your bad back. Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

We are going to get together! Tomorrow might be a possibility, but if not, I am going to need some wine and food on Friday night, when this project is over.

I like your idea of bloggers i'd like to have at a dinner party! That's a good tag, isn't it?