type='text/javascript'/>

Monday, May 26, 2008

Not sure about that....

Terry Wogan complains that Russia won the Eurovision song contest because of block voting, since many neighbouring countries gave Russia the full 12 points, to ensure, as he says, their energy supplies. It's all political, he claims - as do others. Nothing to do with the fact that the UK came last, of course.....

I'm not convinced. Not that I know anything about pop music, really, but it seems to me that Russian pop music is still very popular in Lithuania. Despite all. Taxi driver (who are mostly Russian), play Russian pop music; many other small businesses have it on the go...Go into a karaoke bar, even with solid Lithuanians who complain about the Siberian transports, and they sing Russian songs. I wouldn't if I were them.

So, Mr Wogan, you may be barking up the wrong tree - and you can see only sour grapes!

0 comments: