type='text/javascript'/>

Monday, February 04, 2008

Might be a small hiatus....

...now back in Tbilisi, where the concert life is limited, and there is no point reviewing plays when I have seen them three or four times already.

Would love to review Alex Ross' 'The rest is noise' which I have been reading since Christmas - but seeing I forgot it at home (when I would have had a perfect opportunity for some concentrated effort during my flights), that'll have to wait for a while. All I can say so far is that it's hard work, but very interesting and inspiring me to have another listen to that dratted Debussy - and maybe even Messiaen (but have not come across him yet in the book).

Meantime I'm reading some other books which I am not reviewing here. And studying. And practicing piano (next lesson tomorrow after a break from practice which should not have been one). But not running. Vertical Tbilisi is covered in ice.

0 comments: