type='text/javascript'/>

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

RSS

My friend Helene had pointed out the benefits of RSS feeds a while ago, and I reacted in some ways as 'yeah, yeah'. It seemed a hassle, and you'd get lots of stuff in your inbox when you should be working, and it would all be very distracting....

But actually, it's great. I have linked Helene's and other blogs on my google desktop, which contains lots of other little gems, and now I can see at a glance who is very busy blogging (Operachic) and who is less - because every new entry is listed. (If Operachic, as described in the Wiener Zeitung today, really has only been in Milan for 7 months, it's simply amazing how much information she has on the operatic shenanigans there and everywhere else, it seems.)

The only problem now is that my desktop is too small to show everything at one glance - there is a way of having several tabs in my google, but I have not yet worked out how to drag things from the top tab to the others...

4 comments:

alibus said...

Hi,
I have a question for you, if you have the time and the mood of course, I have a blog containing my friends from the high school and my goal is to send an email for everyone of them every time a new post is added on the blog. I've seen that you have a this kind of script on your blog so I wonder if you could explain to me a little how this script is working, because I have created a similar script on r-mail.org and even if I have subscribed my address I still not receive any notification when I make a change on the blog.
Thank you very much!

violainvilnius said...

I see I use r-mail.org; the website will tell you what to do. good luck!

alibus said...

thx!

Anonymous said...

I shall resist the urge to say "told you so". If you use netvibes, you can email a whole tab (page) with all your favourite RSSs for eg the place you are working, plus the weather and all your links. It's agreat way of setting up a common workplace.