type='text/javascript'/>

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Almost, Hans, almost!



Yesterday was the launch of our project in Georgia. The great and good were there, apart from our minister who was busy doing other things. The First Lady herself came, Sandra Roelofs, (second from the right on the rather dark picture). The launch was a success; we got our points across, other people got their points across...

Hans, I was almost at the First Lady's elbow, when I realised that I did not know how to address her! 'Mrs President' or 'Sandra' - I am told she is very informal! I later heard that she had asked who represented the Dutch company (me!) but was not told that until after all had gone home. Things need to be put into place for this. Apparently she is very interested in our project and all that we do, so there will be other opportunities to pass on your regards!

0 comments: