type='text/javascript'/>

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Counting readers...

I now have two ways of counting readers, and they both count quite differently. The feedburner with a depressing number of 2 seems to count the people that somehow come through the feedburner...the other counter, the little map at the bottom of the sidebar, shows 53 readers in two days, when I click on it, including someone in Japan, someone in Brazil, a few in the US....It probably also counts every time I look at it (after every entry); hence there is a large blob on Georgia at the moment. I might change these things a bit more....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feedburner shows your dedicated readers who have the RSS feed and read everything, and the map just shows people who come by for some reason and maybe never come back. You can get a counter which shows what search people used to find the page they landed on. I forget which one is the best, because I put all of them on mine. Sometimes there is enough to identify the person, eg if they work somewhere you recognise.